Test \u0026amp; Validation Engineer
|Job Title:||Test \u0026amp; Validation Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £45000 per annum + Negotiable DOE|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2022 09:00|
Job title: Test & Validation Engineer
Employment type: Permanent
Job location: Hinckley
Our client, a British motorcycle industry leader, is looking for a Test & Validation Engineer to work at their brand new, state-of-the-art factory in Hinckley Leicestershire.
Built on generations of passion, performance, innovation and excellence, this iconic brand operates across five manufacturing facilities, all managed and led by their global headquarters in Leicestershire, developing world-beating bikes spanning adventure to roadsters to modern classics.
This role offers you the opportunity to be part of a company that strives to build and create bikes that its riders will love, own, and cherish, and which will make their many memories and moments of pure motorcycling joy.
- Define and lead the development of dSPACE rigs hardware configuration (Configuration Desk), both for bench testing and lab bikes integration.
- Create and tailor models for simulation of motorbike dynamic environment on lab bikes (e.g.
- thermal, electric motor, gearbox, ABS, wheel speed etc.)
- Adapt and optimise existing dSPACE electric motor models.
- Review and modify test plans for the Electric Platform.
- Create, review, and modify test specifications and test cases for motorcycle electrical systems (Vehicle Supervisory controller, Integration with ABS/IMU, HMI) and motorcycle components (Accelerator, Driver Handlebar Interface, pumps, etc…).
- Create test automation using dSPACE toolchain (e.g., Automation Desk).
- Align activity with the Control Software release plans.
- Maintain the HIL rig layout and user interface for other users and software developers.
- Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, best practices, efficiency improvements and test structures etc.
- Any other duties as required by your Manager.
- Detailed knowledge of the dSPACE toolset for HIL rig real-time testing in closed loop (Configuration Desk, Control Desk).
- HIL rig hardware configuration and integration of electrical components.
- Familiar with version control tools (SVN or Gitlab).
- Proficient in Systems test and validation.
- Manual / Automated Test case generation.
- Detailed knowledge of Vector toolset for CAN (CANoe, CAPL) and software calibration (CANape).
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in-vehicle communication systems (CAN, LIN) design and debugging
- Previous experience of working within an automotive / manufacturing / industrial environment.
- Experience with Defect resolution tools (e.g., JIRA).
- Familiar with plant modelling concepts using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Script development e.g., Python, MATLAB, CAPL.
- Proficient in dSPACE Automation Desk software package for reusable test development
- Working with E-Powertrain and
- Battery Management Systems
- Experience with Vector
- Continuous process improvement.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills.
- A logical approach to problem-solving.
- Qualifications and Attainments BEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Systems.
- HND in a relevant subject and relevant experience
- Working towards Chartered Engineer (preferred).
- Report to Team Leader - Electrical Electronic Systems
- Flexible on working hours.
- Willing to undertake UK and Overseas travel.
- Test \u0026amp; Validation Engineer
- Contract Type:
- Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
- Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + Negotiable DOE
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH378_1651737646
- Contact: EES Solutions