Team Leader-Model Based Control Software
|Job Title:||Team Leader-Model Based Control Software|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum + Negotiable DOE|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2022 12:06|
Job title: Team Leader-Model Based Control Software
Employment type: Permanent
Job location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
We are looking for a Team Leader-Model Based Control Software to join our client's team in Hinckley, Leicestershire and supports their future model development. Our client is the largest UK-owned motorcycle manufacturer.
- Leadership and Management of Control Software team to deliver on time, to cost and quality.
- Continual improvement and support of full lifecycle Control Systems process for use in chassis, powertrain, driveline, suspension, or HMI systems.
- Continually advance design procedures, advise best practices and improve efficiency.
- Technical authority for Model-Based Control Software.
- Attend and disseminate seminar/conference information.
- Technical support to working groups and steering committees as appropriate.
- Team appraisals, team objectives, team development, technical and career guidance.
- Team budget, tools, rigs, outsourced studies etc.
- Planning and prioritisation of team activities.
- Review logical architectures, system requirements from the MBSE team, FuSa requirements from the Functional Safety team and through your team convert these to software architectures and software solutions.
- Review software architectures and software solutions.
- Maintain traceability of software units on our MBSE Tools to blocks in the Model Base Software.
- Interface with the test & Validation team to ensure appropriate DVP's and test coverage.
- Interface with suppliers to deliver robustly:
- API's to hardware abstraction layers, board support packages etc.
- Suitable operating systems
- Accurate microcontroller loading estimations. Memory requirements.
- Deputise for Chief Engineer as necessary.
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by your manager.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Leadership role in an automotive environment.
- Lead of full V-cycle development - modelling (UML / SysML), controls theory, requirements capture/management and test case generation.
- High proficiency in MATLAB Simulink, State flow, auto-coding and debugging on target hardware.
- High proficiency in-vehicle communication systems (CAN, LIN) design, development, and simulation/analysis tools.
- Identification and resolution of technical issues.
- Experience in leading projects following a safety critical (ISO26262) process.
- ASPICE process implementation and support.
- Working with E-Powertrain and Battery Management Systems.
- Practical experience with the AUTOSAR development methodology.
- Practical experience in 8D technical issue resolution.
- Continuous process improvement.
- Confident and able to work with minimal supervision to tight deadlines and agreed on timescales.
- Excellent report writing skills, with a clear and concise communication style.
- Capable of presenting high-level technical reports to Senior Management.
- Role model to more junior engineers.
- BEng or MEng in Electrical / Electronic, Engineering or Embedded Systems, Engineering, and relevant experience.
- Chartered Engineer (preferred)
- Report to Chief Engineer - Electrical Electronic Systems
- Willing to undertake UK and Overseas travel.
- Flexible on working hours.
- Team Leader-Model Based Control Software
- Contract Type:
- Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
- Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Negotiable DOE
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH376_1651576018
- Contact: EES Solutions