Sensor Mechanical Integration Engineer
|Job Title:||Sensor Mechanical Integration Engineer|
|Salary:||£37000 - £43000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Job Published:||June 30, 2022 11:15|
Job title: Sensor Mechanical Integration Engineer
Employment type: Permanent
IR35 Determination: Outside
The role of the Sensor System Engineer within the Sensor Group in Assisted and Automated Driving is critical for delivering AAD & Motion technologies across multiple presents and future Model Years. Focus is within the team that develops, integrates, and maintains all Sensors for engineering tasks and deliverables for multiple systems for the application of the Sensors onto the defined programmes.
The role holder will need to understand the Perception Sub System, such as Radar, Camera, Lidar and Ultra Sonic Sensors and understand the technical Strength of Radars, Cameras, Lidars and Ultra Sonic Sensors. You will understand how to use a correct Fusion design to fuse the different sensors to have the best performance by using different sensors and designing a robust sensor alignment algorithm with our supplier and Diagnostic engineer engineers.
- The role holder will need to understand the Perception Sub System, such as Radar, Camera, Lidar and Ultra Sonic Sensors and understand the technical Strength of Radars, Cameras, Lidars and Ultra Sonic Sensors.
- You will understand how to use a correct Fusion design to fuse the different sensors to have the best performance by using different sensors and designing a robust sensor alignment algorithm with our supplier and Diagnostic engineer engineers.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in virtual tests, component tests and vehicle testing including proving ground environments.
- You will also have experience of Component and system-level issue investigations including appropriate problem solving and reporting tools (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc)
- Programming skills: Python, C++, TensorFlow, Matlab and Simulink
- Experience in Automotive Engineering Delivery and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
- Experience in IBM Rational RTC and IBM Rational Rhapsody toolsets for requirements and issue tracking
- Experience in IBM Rational DOORS
- Knowledge and overview of Toolsets, release processes, requirements and issue management (AIMs, RMDV, CORVUS, ASL, Snapshot)
- Preferred degree - Computer Science,?Software engineering, Physics, Maths, Mechatronic engineering
- Opportunities to further your career with a world-class team
- Discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family
- Membership in a competitive pension plan
- Performance-related bonus scheme.
- This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office.
- Hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
- Sensor Mechanical Integration Engineer
- Contract Type:
- Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
- Industry: Design
- Salary: £37000 - £43000 per annum
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH435_1656584150
- Contact: EES Solutions