Senior Electrical/Electronic Components Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Electrical/Electronic Components Engineer|
|Salary:||£48000.00 - £52000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2022 08:56|
Job title: Senior Electrical/Electronic Components Engineer
Employment type: Permanent
Job location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Our client, a British motorcycle industry leader, is looking for a Senior Electrical/Electronic Components Engineer to work at their brand new, state-of-the-art factory in Hinckley Leicestershire.
Built on generations of passion, performance, innovation and excellence, this iconic brand operates across five manufacturing facilities, all managed and led by their global headquarters in Leicestershire, developing world-beating bikes spanning adventure to roadsters to modern classics.
This role offers you the opportunity to be part of a company that strives to build and create bikes that its riders will love, own, and cherish, and which will make their many memories and moments of pure motorcycling joy.
- Design of Electrical Electronic Components for use in chassis, powertrain, RESS, electric drivelines, suspension systems, HMI's etc.
- Specify, influence, verify and validate components to meet all higher-level system and safety requirements, environmental standards (thermal, ingress and vibration etc.), EMC regulations and legal requirements etc.
- Identify and resolve application problems/project risks at the component and motorcycle level.
- Define and meet quality/cost targets and manage the delivery of components to support NMIP.
- Elicit and manage hardware requirements and provide support to FuSa (e.g., diagnostic coverage and safety case generation), systems, and software/ modelling teams.
- Generate/participate in FTA and FMEA generation/review.
- Develop hardware and full motorcycle architectures to maximise hardware commonality and actively control variants by utilising MBSE tools.
- Regular liaison with product planning, project managers, manufacturing departments, quality, compliance and chassis/powertrain / ECS/ EDS / FuSa teams.
- Any other duties as required by your Manager.
- Proficient in hardware specification, requirements capture/management and managing suppliers.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Detailed hardware analysis and review with suppliers
- Managing suppliers to deliver ECU's / Components against project deliverables
- Knowledge of CAN communication and familiarity with tools such as CANalyser / CANoe (or similar).
- Previous experience of working within an automotive / manufacturing / industrial environment.
- Specific areas of interest e.g., EMC, hardware functional safety, connectivity, or user interface design etc.
- Experience with PREEvision, MATLAB.
- Continuous process improvement.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills.
- A logical approach to problem-solving. Independent in seeking solutions and proactively interfacing with all areas of the business.
- Working in a multi-discipline team environment.
- BEng / BSc or MEng / MSc in Electrical / Electronic Engineering. HND in a relevant subject and relevant hardware experience
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Engineer status (preferred).
- Flexible on working hours.
- Willing to undertake UK and Overseas travel.
- Senior Electrical/Electronic Components Engineer
- Contract Type:
- Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
- Salary: £48000.00 - £52000.00 per annum
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH383_1651737371
- Contact: EES Solutions