|Job Title:||Integration Engineer-Electrical|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum + Negotiable DOE|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2022 09:02|
Job title: Integration Engineer
Employment type: Permanent
Job location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Our client, a British motorcycle industry leader, is looking for an Integration Engineer to work at their brand new, state-of-the-art factory in Hinckley Leicestershire.
Built on generations of passion, performance, innovation and excellence, this iconic brand operates across five manufacturing facilities, all managed and led by their global headquarters in Leicestershire, developing world-beating bikes spanning adventure to roadsters to modern classics.
This role offers you the opportunity to be part of a company that strives to build and create bikes that its riders will love, own, and cherish, and which will make their many memories and moments of pure motorcycling joy.
- Responsible for deploying Electrical systems including both new and existing components and architectures onto a new model development in line with vehicle development stage gates.
- Coordination of qualitative vehicle specific feedback exercises using test riders, and generation of reports justifying configuration parameters e.g., heated grip thresholds, and ambient light adjustment parameters.
- Coordinating the use of electrical development bikes both on-site and off-site (with suppliers).
- ECU (Electronic Control Unit) configuration planning and release across EOW (End-of Workshop) and EOL (End-of-Line) stations to support build plan, market, and model variants.
- Working with EES team component engineers to generate applicable ECU calibration files in line with the model specification.
- Pre-build application testing of software and configurations, on development or 'lab' bike, ensuring each system's communication nodes work correctly.
- Configuring development/lab bike to ALL different variants including accessory options- e.g., disable configuration/fit optional parts, then test.
- Release of justification reports for configuration parameters, capturing outcomes of both subjective and objective feedback exercises as appropriate.
- Proficient understanding / technical awareness of a wide variety of automotive electrical and electronic systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience of working within an automotive / manufacturing / industrial environment.
- Knowledge of CAN communication and familiarity with tools such as CANalyser / CANoe (or similar).
- Experience working within automotive electrical/electronic component design.
- Managing suppliers to deliver ECU's / Components against
- project deliverables
- Awareness of Systems
- Personality and Motivation
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills.
- Logical approach to problem-solving. Independent in seeking solutions and proactively interfacing with all areas of the business.
- Working in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Continuous process improvement.
- BEng / BSc or MEng / MSc in Electrical / Electronic Engineering. HND in a relevant subject and relevant hardware experience
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Engineer status (Desirable)
- Report to: Function Lead - Electrical
- Willing to undertake UK and Overseas travel.
- Flexible on working hours.
- Integration Engineer-Electrical
- Contract Type:
- Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
- Industry: Engineering
- Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Negotiable DOE
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH377_1651737724
- Contact: EES Solutions