Electrical and Electronic Systems -Test \u0026amp; Validation Engineer
|Job Title:||Electrical and Electronic Systems -Test \u0026amp; Validation Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £45000 per annum + Negotiable DOE|
|Contact Name:||EES Solutions|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2022 08:59|
Job title: Electrical and Electronic Systems -Test & Validation Engineer
Employment type: Permanent
Job location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Our client, a leader in the British motorcycle industry are looking for a Test & Validation Engineer - Electrical and Electronic Systems, to work at their brand new, state-of-the-art factory in Hinckley Leicestershire.
Built on generations of passion, performance, innovation and excellence, this iconic brand operates across five manufacturing facilities, all managed and led by their global headquarters in Leicestershire, developing world-beating bikes spanning adventure to roadsters to modern classics.
This role offers you the opportunity to be part of a company who strive to build and create bikes that its riders will love, own and cherish, and which will make them many memories and moments of pure motorcycling joy.
- Review of Systems Requirements for testability.
- Create test specifications and test cases for motorcycle electrical components and systems (E.g., Suspension control, Chassis Control, Lighting, Instruments, Connectivity, Keyless systems, ARAS systems etc).
- Map systems requirements to test artefacts within the PREEVision MBSE toolchain.
- Create test plans for control systems and instruments (HMI).
- Create and modify CANOE environments, and automated test scripts in VTestStudio.
- Execute automated black-box tests and collate & analyse the results.
- Execute manual system-level tests (E.g., Bluetooth connectivity systems testing).
- Document and track issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
- Raise bugs in defect resolution software (JIRA / Redmine).
- Work with suppliers to feedback on issues found during testing.
- Analysis of HIL test data and reports.
- Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, best practices, efficiency improvements and test structures etc.
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
- Any other duties as required by your Manager.
- Proficient in Systems test and validation.
- Manual / Automated Test case generation
- Detailed Knowledge of CAN
- communication and familiarity with tools such as CANalyser / CANoe / vTESTStudio (or similar).
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Script development e.g., CAPL, Python, Perl (or similar).
- Experience with defect resolution tools (e.g., JIRA).
- Previous experience of working within an automotive environment.
- Modelling (UML / SysML), requirements capture / management.
- Experience with PREEvision.
- Experience with dSPACE tools.
- Experience in the closed loop testing.
- Experience with Software development (C, C++ or similar).
- Familiar with plant modelling concepts using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills.
- Logical approach to problem-solving.
- Qualifications and Attainments BEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent relevant subject.
- HND in a relevant subject and relevant experience.
- Working towards Chartered Engineer.
- ISTQB (Preferably Automotive Software Tester).
- Report to Team Leader - Electrical Electronic Systems
- Willing to undertake UK and Overseas travel.
- Flexible on working hours.
- Electrical and Electronic Systems -Test \u0026amp; Validation Engineer
- Contract Type:
- Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
- Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + Negotiable DOE
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reference: BBBH379_1651737563
- Contact: EES Solutions